Real-time data service is one of the foundational elements for serving investors, and investors need the best quality data to make informed decisions. To provide this critical information to investors in Malaysia, Malacca Securities recently launched M+ Global, a cutting-edge app that has made history by becoming the first real-time Nasdaq Basic user in Malaysia.
Real-time market data refers to the immediate and up-to-the-second information about the current state of financial markets, including stock prices, currency exchange rates, commodity prices, and other relevant data. On the other hand, delayed market data refers to information that is delayed by a certain time period (deemed 15 minutes delay in this context), typically ranging from a few minutes to several hours.
With M+Global, investors gain access to live tickers, charts, alerts, news, and other features that enable them to make informed investment decisions. Investors can also track the latest market trends in real-time, allowing them to respond quickly to market changes and capitalize on new opportunities. The app also offers advanced charting and technical analysis tools, empowering investors to gain deeper insights into market trends and make more informed investment decisions. With its sleek, user-friendly interface and powerful features, M+ Global is poised to revolutionize the way investors in Malaysia approach the stock market.
By integrating Nasdaq Basic, investors in Malaysia can garner insights into the enormous, accessible, transparent, and liquid U.S. equities market. This market provides overseas investors with a one-of-a-kind investment opportunity because of its transaction volume, market size and several listed corporations. To navigate the U.S. market and ensure an investor is empowered with timely information for their investment decisions, real-time market data is an essential tool.
There are several reasons why real-time market data is considered better than delayed market data:
- Accuracy and timeliness: Real-time data provides the most accurate and up-to-date information available. It allows investors and traders to make decisions based on the most current market conditions. Delayed data, on the other hand, can be outdated by the time it reaches users, leading to potential misinterpretations and missed opportunities.
- Market volatility: Financial markets are highly dynamic and can experience rapid price fluctuations within seconds. Real-time data allows traders to react quickly to changing market conditions, enabling them to capitalize on opportunities and manage risk effectively. Delayed data may not capture these rapid price movements, limiting the ability to make timely decisions.
- Competitive advantage: In fast-paced financial markets, having access to real-time data can provide a competitive edge. Traders who receive real-time information can execute trades faster and respond swiftly to market events, which can be crucial in capturing profitable opportunities. Delayed data puts users at a disadvantage, as they may be acting on outdated information compared to their competitors.
- Intraday trading strategies: Real-time data is essential for intraday trading strategies, where positions are opened and closed within the same trading day. Intraday traders rely on real-time market data to identify short-term price patterns, execute trades, and manage risk in real-time. Delayed data would significantly hamper their ability to make timely and informed trading decisions.
- News and events: Real-time market data is especially important during the release of significant economic indicators, corporate earnings reports, and other news events that can impact financial markets. Traders need immediate access to such information to assess its impact on the market and adjust their positions accordingly. Delayed data would limit their ability to react promptly to these time-sensitive events.
It’s important to note that real-time market data often comes at a higher cost compared to delayed data (which is usually distributed free), as it requires more advanced infrastructure and data delivery systems. However, for active traders and investors, the benefits of real-time data often outweigh the additional expenses, given its crucial role in making informed trading decisions in today’s fast-paced financial markets like the U.S. market.